People and Asset Visibility
RFID tags are assigned to people so that they can be located in real time.
Once a person has a tag then a system of rules can govern the tag's movement and it can easily be located using EveryClient (RFID).
As long as the tag is within range of a reader (c.100 meters) it can be secured and located.
EveryClient (RFID) stores the location history of a tag for as long as required.
Enterprise wide people and asset visibility is enabled by the following:
- Ease of use - users do not have to handle their RFID card in order to obtain access to the site/building. This makes access control non-obstructive, fast and safe. It is safe because the user does not have to access their wallet to retrieve their card.
- Staff safety - if the site needs to be evacuated then it is easy to accurately discover who is in each building.
- Staff location - an active RFID system always ‘knows’ who is on the site or in the building at any given point in time. Even if a person leaves the site for a short period, to go for lunch for example, the system will make a note of what time they left and at what time they returned.
- Visitor tracking - rules can be set to govern the movements of visitors once they are on the site. For example, a rule could be set to restrict their access to Zone 1 only. Swipe cards would not be able to achieve this without physically placing locks on doors
- Asset tracking – using the same reader infrastructure rules can be implemented such as ‘asset 72’ must not enter ‘zone 1’ without a member of ‘fabrication team 2’ being present.
- Asset location - it is possible to locate assets such as portable tools and equipment, documents, files etc. This can save time and prevent unnecessary replacement of goods.
People and Assets Screen
Knowing the real time the location of staff & visitors in a building and across a site and observing their use of the facility we can address the following areas:
- Asset & Capacity Management: Tracking and monitoring of key assets in/out of building/site. Manage resources and utilities dynamically, based on utilisation (e.g. facilities, power, air conditioning). Align maintenance processes to resource usage. Make long term adjustments to building layout to accommodate personnel preferences and therefore efficiency.
- Security & Safety: Highlight if an asset is removed from the premises by unauthorised individual (individual access tags can be linked to their issued pc). Notify and record unauthorized personnel ‘area intrusion’. Comply with Heath and Safety guidelines (e.g. fire certificate). Deploy additional after hours security for staff - by knowing exact number and location of staff in the building.
- Productivity Management: Measure and manage the hours consumed by person/unit/day. Make incentives for productive workforce behaviour. Control budgets for third party workforces. Check real costs and adapt Activity Based Costs.
- Cashless Vending: Automated purchasing transactions (intra enterprise or external inter enterprise).
- Employee Communications: Improve employee/visitor communication (e.g. tag triggers personal message on a plasma screen).