Universal Windows Support
Universal Windows Platform (UWP) is a platform-homogeneous application architecture created by Microsoft and first introduced in Windows 10.
The purpose of this software platform is to help develop universal apps that run on Windows 10, Windows 10 Mobile, Xbox One, HoloLens, and Raspberry Pi etc. (with Windows 10) without the need to be re-written for each.
The EveryClient (RFID) UWP RFID App can be installed on any device that supports windows UWP.
How Does It Work
Let's use a Raspberry Pi installation as an example.
Once the EveryClient (RFID) UWP RFID App has been installed onto one or more Raspberry Pi devices, you can place the Pis anywhere on the network. They can even be mounted next to the readers on your network.
Using the EveryClient (RFID) configuration software, one or more readers on your network can be assigned and monitored by the Raspberry Pi device. Once activated, the UWP RFID App will start monitoring the reader/s and create events in your database, as RFID tags enter/leave the reader's monitoring range.
What's the benefit of using our software in a Raspberry Pi installation.
- Cost Savings - Raspberry Pis are relatively inexpensive compared to server PCs.
- Space Savings - Raspberry Pis are tiny. Because of this, they can be stacked together or even installed right next to the reader they are monitoring. No need for a rack or desk.
- Built-in Redundancy - UWP RFID App has been written in such a way that the Apps monitor each other as well. If an App goes offline, another App will take over its workload automatically.
- Flexibility - The UWP RFID App communicates with the EveryClient (RFID) database via a WebAPI. This means that the various components of the system can be located at different locations. The database can even be in the Cloud.
- Security - Communications between the Raspberry Pi UWP RFID App and the database are encrypted, using strong encryption.
EveryClient (RFID) Software WebAPI
Please feel free to contact us to find out more about our Universal Windows Products and your RFID hardware and software needs.